Beginnings and History of CDA
The Catholic Daughters of the Americas is one of the oldest and largest organizations of Catholic women in the Americas. We donate to charities, administer scholarship programs and strive “to be helping hands where there is pain, poverty, sorrow or sickness.”
The CDA motto is “Unity and Charity.”
The CDA was formed over 100 years ago in 1903 by the Knights of Columbus in Utica, New York. Today there are over 66,000 dues-paying members in 1,150 courts (local chapters) in 45 states across the country and in Puerto Rico, Mexico, Guam, the Virgin Islands, Kenya, and Peru.
CDA was established its first court in Texas in 1909, and in 1917 the National Order selected Houston, Texas as the site to institute the eighth state court in the nation. For more info CLICK HERE.
Court #2680, Mary, Mother of the Redeemer
What We Do